EU’s new program: SWITCH-Asia and Central Asia II – Promoting Sustainable Consumption and Production
January 28, 2019
The EU has just launched a new Call for Proposal in promoting sustainable consumption and production (SCP). The title of the call: “SWITCH-Asia and Central Asia II - Promoting Sustainable Consumption and Production”
SWITCH-Asia and Central Asia Program focus on:
- Many developing countries in Asia and Central Asia find themselves in the midst of a rapid industrial transformation (the fastest growing source of new greenhouse gas emissions in the world)
- Need to decouple economic growth from the environmental degradation and natural resources depletion
- Several countries are among the most vulnerable to climate change and natural disasters
- The focus in Vietnam is on: Agri-food processing; wood processing ; sustainable tourism and waste management
Main objectives of the program:
- Promote sustainable production (development of less polluting and more resource efficient products, processes and services) and sustainable consumption patterns and behaviours in Asia and Central Asia, through an improved understanding and strengthened cooperation between Europe and Asia/Central Asia, notably by supporting SMEs and MSMEs in adopting SCP practices and getting access to finance, and by mobilizing the private sector, financial intermediaries, retailers, producers and consumer organisations and groups, along with relevant public sector authorities.
- Create an enabling environment to strengthen the implementation of national SCP policies in target countries and assist stakeholders (government, private sector, citizens, civil society) in harvesting the benefits of Sustainable Consumption and Production.
The priorities of this call for proposals are:
- Priority 1: address sustainable supply chains management with a focus on green trade and on facilitating the integration of MSMEs into supply chains.
- Priority 2: support sustainable consumption and consumer awareness on SCP.
- Priority 3: focus on either large industrial parks and large economic zones or clusters of SMEs in order to produce bankable projects
The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is EUR 45.700.00 of which:
- Lot 1 Asia: EUR 32,700,000
- Lot 2 Central Asia: EUR 13,000,000
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- Minimum amount: EUR 1,000,000
- Maximum amount: EUR 3,000,000
The deadline for the submission of concept notes is 28/02/2019 at 12:00 (Brussels date and time).
An information session will be organised next week in Brussels (Thursday 17th January, 09:30-11:30 Brussels time) and it will be accessible via web-streaming at: https://webcast.ec.europa.eu/switch-asia-programme-info-day-17-01.
All questions related to the call should be sent to: EuropeAid-SWITCH-ASIA@ec.europa.eu. Regular FAQ will be published at the webpage of the call.
Download detailed information here.
If you have interest, please contact directly to Mr. Ivo Hooghe at the Belgian Embassy, email: email@example.com